The first book in the Prakhsis Classics series is called Critical thinking? – Introduction to Navigating the irrational.
Who should read it and why?
This book is for you:
The world of business doesn’t seem to fit yours and you find the idea to live according to business terms unacceptable.
The central theme of this book is critical thinking, a popular term in business nowadays. Our aim is to provide perspective and insight directly from traditional doctrines or through the greatest thinkers for you to change things.
The take-away of the book is simple: business doesn’t provide context for distinguished personalities; it is distinguished personalities that must provide context for business.
Some more stuff from the book:
- why the business environment is irrational
- why it’s impossible to act rationally in an irrational environment
- concrete examples of negative influences on world-views, thinking and behavior
- business myths (leadership, culture, pragmatism, growth, careers and others) and how they liquidate identities
- why acting authentically is key to acting rationally – a useful definition of identity is also provided
- personal practices from the masters